Wednesday, August 31, 2005

You and I - part 5

He lays beside her, watching the sunshine dance across her face. A sudden urge wells up inside him, and he has to restrain himself from wanting to gently shake her awake and beg her never to leave him. In their bed beside him, she sleeps peacefully. He always thought she looked so beautiful when she slept. It is Saturday morning, the last weekend of February. She wrinkles her nose and stretches, smiling brightly as her eyes open.
"Good morning!" she says smiling. He smiles at her, scooping her up into his arms without saying anything. He hugs her tightly, and although she is surprised, she hugs him back. "Darling, are you okay?" she asks softly.
"Never leave me again, angel... please don't." he whispers against her hair, and she instinctively holds him tighter.
"But honey... you know I would never leave you." she says, looking in his eyes. He nods slowly.
"Yes, I know." he says, and she tilts her head. She rests her hands on his cheeks, kissing his nose gently as she smiles.
"Tell me..." she says softly, and he sighs as he looks in her eyes.
"I was just watching you sleep... and when you were away last month, it felt awful. I'd just like it if you never left me anymore..." he says, talking as if he were an embarrassed child. She smiles, bringing him into her arms.
"Oh, darling..." she whispers. "I know it felt awful... it felt awful to be away from you. And I don't want to leave you anymore either. But how are we supposed to go to work?" she asks, and he smiles.
"Well... I know I get to come home to you when my day ends. But I meant like longer than a day... maybe we could try not to leave each other for too long?" he asks, and she nods.
"Yes, I think we should try that. No leaving each other for too long." she says, running her fingers through his hair. He smiles, taking her face in his hands.
"You're smart." he says smiling, and she giggles.
"Nah... you are." she says, touching his nose. He laughs and hugs her tightly.
"I love you, angel." he says softly, kissing her lips so tenderly.
"I love you, too." she whispers in his ear, causing shivers to shoot throughout his body. He holds her tighter, feeling like the happiest man in the world. She closes her eyes, loving every second when he holds her tightly like this. His strong arms are her very own walls of protection, they will fight away anything or anyone bad. She snuggles closer to him. This is her safest place to hide; in his embrace. She can't think of anywhere that is safer that being in his arms.
"Don't let go of me just yet." she whispers, looking up at him. He smiles, kissing her hair.
"Don't worry, baby... I won't let go of you." he says, cradling her so close to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home