Monday, August 22, 2005

Music and stuff

This Saturday - the 20th - it was a whole ten months since I first met my boyfriend. It feels like I've known him for much longer than 'just' ten months. When October comes around, it will be our one-year anniversary. :o) We'll have made it through one year, with only a long weekend of about 5 days spent together... five days seem almost insignificant, considering that 360 days have been spent many thousand miles apart. But still... that weekend was probably the best weekend of my entire 22-year long life. And when he comes to see me for New Year's, I'm sure the time we spend together then will also be the best time ever. :o) What really sucks is we won't even get to spend our anniversary together.. even that will have to be spent apart. Even though we live far apart, there is no man I would want other than him. Not only is he my boyfriend, but also my best friend. And he always tells me the same is true for me. :o) Just last night, he told me "I love you.. so very much. I wouldn't trade you for the world." And I nearly cried, because it was just such a sweet thing to say... and I am such a sucker for lovely, romantic things. :o) And it seems like every song I hear now makes me think of him, in some way or another. It doesn't have to be the entire song, it can just be a line... or the melody, or not even the song at all. Just that it reminds me of something because maybe that song was played. :o)

"Close your eyes, make a wish
This could last forever
If only you could stay with me now
So tell me what it is that keeps us from each other now
Yeah, its coming to get me
You're under my skin..."


Like this song, for instance.. it's called "Climbing The Walls". :o) And the chorus is nice...

"No I can't ever let you go
You're a part of me now
Caught by the taste of your kiss
And I don't wanna know the reason why I can't stay forever like this
Now I'm climbing the walls cuz I miss you..."


See what I mean? Nice, huh? :o) And I am practically climbing the walls because I miss him.. and I have no idea why I can't stay with him forever. So in that respect, it's very suiting right now! ;o) This is a line from a song called "Poster Girl"... "What good is tomorrow without a guarantee?" I like that line... kinda makes you think, if you're in that kinda mood I guess. ;o) That same song has a very nice 'bridge' I believe they are referred to as.

"Tell me what you want from me
I've got everything you need
It's getting hard for me to breathe
Let me be your guarantee..."


I just find that so very lovely... In the song, a girl says the line about "what good is tomorrow without a guarantee?".. and then he sings "let me be your guarantee", and that is just sooo sweet! He wants to be her guarantee for tomorrow.. awwwww! *sigh* Right, am gonna stop going on and on now, and just sit here and think about how sweet it is..! ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home