Sunday, January 28, 2007

How sweet

I received this little note in an email today, and I just thought it was so sweet that I had to post it on here, for all you ladies to read. The guys can also learn from this, so it is not exclusively for the girls! ;o)

Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will stay awake just to watch you sleep. Wait for the guy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in your sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends. Wait for the one who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares about you and how lucky he is to have you. Wait for the one who turns to his friends and says, "...that's her."

Now, some women are lucky enough to already have this guy, who does and says all the right things at the right times. I know I, for one, is one of them. My darling fiance must have been installed with this already embedded in his mind, because he tells me everyday I'm beautiful (and hot, so I get them both! lol). He kisses my hair, my nose, my cheeks, my forehead and my lips, even in front of his friends. There is never a day that goes by without him telling me that he loves me. And every chance he gets, he tells me he wouldn't know what to do without me. He brags about me to all his friends, and everyone he meets who is willing to lend an ear. And he does all of this of his own free will; I never have to make him do or say anything, it just comes naturally to him. As if treating me like a queen is the most normal thing in the world. Which, I have to admit, I have no problem with at all! lol :o) And I know, that for the rest of my life... he will do the same. Tell me he loves me each and every day, treat me like a queen and brag about me to everyone he knows. Even when I'm old and grey, he'll kiss my hair and tell me, "you look stunning today, princess" and he will mean it with every fibre of his being. He'll point me out to his friends at the senior centre and tell them, "... that's her."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home