Thursday, June 01, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Today is a somewhat special day. Not because it's finally June, but because my idol and greatest heroine would have turned 80 years today, had she been allowed to live.




June 1, 1926

Yes, everybody, today is Marilyn Monroe's birthday! :o) The blonde beauty would have turned 80 today, and I'm sure she would have looked as stunning as she did when she was still alive. I know she would, because she was the one who once said "I want to grow old without facelifts, I want to be true to the face I made." More stars should follow Marilyn's advise.




It may sound strange, but I miss her. I never knew her, I wasn't even alive or even thought of when she lived and then tragically died, but I see in her things that I also see in myself. I suppose I sometimes identify myself with her. She's my idol, and even if people see her as a dumb blonde, I know better. ;o)





Maybe we should all have some champagne today and remember the world's best loved blonde. She may be gone, but she will be forever remembered for her beauty, grace and elegance.

Happy birthday, Marilyn, have a wonderful day wherever you are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home